Take Guest Service Quiz Challenge
So you think you’re good at providing outstanding service to your casino’s guests. The kind of service that encourages them to return to your property again and again. Well, maybe you are and maybe you aren’t.
One way to settle this is for you to take the following true-or-false customer service quiz. All it requires is honesty and a few minutes of your time. By the way, all employees with any degree of customer contact should take the quiz – from general managers to beverage servers. After all, everyone who works at a casino should consider themselves to be in the customer service business.
Answer the following questions by circling ”True” or “False.”
1. When a guest walks in the door, I smile and welcome them. True/False.
2. I offer to get a fresh drink when I see a customer’s glass is empty. True/False.
3. When I see litter on the floor, I pick it up and dispose of it. True/False.
4. I consider each guest to be of the utmost importance to my casino’s success. True/False.
5. I casually observe guests to anticipate their needs and then step forward to meet those needs. True/False.
6. I arrive for work on time. True/False.
7. I arrive for work prepared to start my shift. True/False.
8. I familiarize myself with the buffet menu each day so I am prepared to make recommendations for guests who ask. True/False.
9. I maintain a positive, can-do attitude as I perform my job. True/False.
10. I greet repeat customers by name when I know they appreciate the recognition. True/False.
11. I leave my personal problems at home so I can focus on doing my best for each guest. True/False.
12. I maintain good posture so I look approachable. True/False.
13. When a customer speaks to me, I closely listen so I understand what they are communicating. True/False.
14. Consistently good service is one of my top priorities. True/False.
15. I am courteous to guests at all times. True/False.
16. I understand that gaming is a form of entertainment for guests and that I am part of the entertainment. True/False.
17. I strive to make each guest’s gaming experience a fun one. True/False.
18. I am genuinely interested in my guests and the kind of gaming experience they want to have. True/False.
19. When a guest asks for something, I respond immediately. True/False.
20. When a guest looks as if they are trying to find something, such as the restroom or the buffet, I ask if I can be of assistance. True/False.
21. When it comes to guest service, I take pride in a job well done. True/False.
22. I am kind to my guests. True/False.
23. I help co-workers who are struggling to provide good service. True/False.
24. There are no exceptions to providing great service. True/False.
25. I am patient with guests who are older. True/False.
26. I praise co-workers who provide great service. True/False.
27. I ask questions when communicating with a guest to make sure I understand them. True/False.
28. All casino employees must work together as a team to provide great service. True/False.
29. When talking with guests, I make sure my voice has a calm, friendly and welcoming tone. True/False.
30. Providing great guest service is my opportunity to shine. True/False.
So how did you do? It’s up to you to decide whether your answers reflect that you are truly good at providing great service. Even if you think you came off looking pretty good, it’s likely you found a few ideas that will help take your service skills to a higher level. And if you think you could do better, these questions certainly provide an outstanding foundation for becoming a guest service superstar.
This article originally appeared in Casino Connection